Show You're Committed
- Kick start your fundraising by donating to yourself! This shows others that you are truly committed to the cause. It's a great way to lead by example and also suggest to others a benchmark for future donations.
- Did you know - it's been shown that people who donate to themselves end up raising twice as much as people who don’t!
Be loud and proud
- Let friends, family and colleagues know you've signed up and why - that way, there's no backing out!
- Share it on your socials, make it your dinner party conversation, and be a proud “wildlife defender".
- Be direct - for example: "Will you support my City2Surf run to protect Wildlife with a donation? Every dollar counts!"
- Approaching a milestone? Let people know! If you only need a few more dollars to reach a major target, let your networks know and see if they can help you close that gap.
- Send a personalised email to specific people and ask for their support
- It’s OK to ask more than once. We all need reminding every now and again. You're doing something great for yourself, and for others, so don't hesitate to follow up with people, and remind them to make a donation. Even if you've asked before, people get busy or simply forget.
What to send and share
- Share the link to your Team Taronga profile page, post updates about your training or race prep, or share photos and stories as you get closer to your target.
- Use the resources to share on your social media pages.
- Make it personal by asking people to support you - it's your challenge, and they're your network so don't be afraid!
- Explain why you're participating - what made you want to fundraise for Taronga? Was it your love of wildlife? Do you feel passionate about a particular animal?